Friday 24 February 2012

Creativity

AS

I feel with AS, technology such as Photoshop did enhance my potential for creativity as without it I would have been restricted as to what I could achieve. For example, use of fonts, colours, images, editing tools all helped to create my final product and make it what it was. Research and planning helped a lot, as without it I would not have learned many of the conventions and styles of existing magazines, and not been able to make a product that will fit in within the market. It also helped me to aim my magazine at a specific audience, which meant I could have an idea in mind whilst designing in order to make it appeal specifically to a target group. Inspiration from other texts helped me creatively to produce my own ideas based on things I had seen, and try to emulate and redesign certain elements. Restrictions were placed on me in the sense of professionalism, as all existing magazines tend to use high quality expensive cameras for clear and sharp images - whereas I used the school equipment. This did not hinder creativity though, as I was still able to edit the images in photoshop by modifying their contrast and colour, as well as cutting them out.

A2

Similarly to AS, technology enhanced my creativity a lot in A2. For example, I was able to use software such as Sony Vegas in order to edit my video, aswell as Photoshop for my digipak and poster. These helped me to design my products to look exactly how I wanted using features such as slow motion and colour correction. I used inspiration from other texts for all of my products - which supports Bentley's theory of 'the making of the new and the rearranging of the old'.

No comments:

Post a Comment